Friday, July 12, 2013

#Music - Top 5 I'm Bumping in July

Hello Ladies and Gents! Just a quick music chat for a sec. i want to share with you the top 5 artists that I've been listening to this month! The current soundtrack of my life.


1. Kelly Rowland
2. Ciara
3  Chrisette Michele
4. Eve
5. Jay -Z



Kelly Rowland -




Her recent album, Talk a Good Game, has been on heavy rotation. I can really relate to the vulnerability and honesty Kelly serves on the album. My favorite tracks include: Talk a Good Game, Red Wine, Street Life, Stand in Front of Me, Gone, and Put Your Name On It. Kelly really stood her ground and I believe this is one of her best albums. She gave us some good R&B and took a risk. I just wish more people would notice. She always gets moderate attention and it annoys me. She cooked up some good music. You can feel that she put some heart into this one.  #TeamKelly


Ciara -



#CiaraOutNow ! YASSSS! I'm definitely a part of #CSquad. I love me some Ciara. Her recent LP, the self-titled Ciara, Is a refreshing risk taking surprise from the R&B/Pop starlet. I ride for Ciara! It's real! Let me tell you why! Ciara is overall a great entertainer. Yes we know she is not a world shattering vocalist but you have to understand she is a pop singer! She can hold a tune but what makes her stand out is her dancing. She is also a very beautifu;, positive, and classy young lady. I like her vocals because they work for her. Not every artists is a Beyonce, Whitney or Mariah Carey, but that does not negate their talents. What I love about her now is that she finally is opening up her brand and seeing that it takes much more than R&B Hip Hop to remain mainstream. It's about trends and fashion as well. My favorite tracks from her album are Sophomore, DUI, Keep On Lookin, Where You Go, Livin It Up, Honey I just love the entire album! Check it out!

Chrisette Michelle -



We have been waiting for her for 3 years! After releasing her fantastic mix-tape Audio Visual Presentation: Audrey Hepburn at the end of 2012,(which inspired to to get back into songwriting), I could not wait for her recent LP Better. Chrisette has really broken out of her shell, remaining a lady but becoming more raw and ruthless. She definitely grew out of the Golden Girl phase and entered a more elegant/sensual commanding phase of womanhood. Her hair and fashion also give me life. The rawness and wittiness she exudes in her interviews make me twirl as well. My favorite tracks from her album are Get Through the Night, Ten Foot Stilettos, I'm Still Fly, Visual Love, Snow, A Couple of Forever's, Let Me Win, Interlude (In My Heart Convo With My Boyfriend), Can the Cool Be Loved, and Love in the Afternoon. If you need some good love songs and want a relationship, are a sucker for love, or just a hopeless romantic - check this album out. 

Eve - 




I am so glad that she is back. Not only because she is a female rapper from my time (90's baby) but she is on her own. You see Eve in a new light. She is such a lady on this one giving us new musical styles, features, producers, and a new look. She has been gone for 11 years ya'll! After the multiple mishaps with record labels, Eve got her own label (From The Rib) -and just kept it pushing. I respect her hustle. She also got herself a new boo and they are so cute together. Her recent LP tilted LipLock, is a good break from Nicki Minaj and Azealia Banks (I wear them out because they are the only two female rappers who are really killing the game). My favorite tracks are Forgive Me, Make It Out This Town, All Night, Wanna Be, EVE, and Never Gone. Overall it's a must listen because Eve is open. She is vulnerable, giving you the rap diva we love, but letting us see her reflect on her life/decisions in a personal way. She also has some hints of shade towards other girls in the game ;). 


Jay-Z - 





Magna Carta Holy Grail BABY! PICASSO BABY! Every single time I listen to a Jay-Z track, I feel like I'm inspired to grind even harder! Seeing all that he has accomplished, just makes me humble LOL! Real talk! Him, Beyonce and Kanye! Every time they get in the studio I feel like I have a chance to make it lol!!!! I have not completed the album as of yet guys, I'm sorry but so far my favorite tracks of Part 2(On The Run) and Holy Grail. But From what I've heard I know it's a banger. I can tell you what I expect to be my favorite tracks: Beach is Better, La Familia, Crown, and Nickles & Dimes. 



What are your top 5 artists that you ar ebumping in July? Share them with me! Let's make this a conversation :). 


Hugs, Wishes, and Kisses! 
 -KL 







No comments:

Post a Comment