Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ciara - The Evolution Continues



If you don't know now you know! I am a big Ciara fan and I am so excited for her return. Currently her new self titled album "Ciara" will be in stores and on iTunes this upcoming Tuesday, July 9th! Her album is also available for a free stream on Itunes! First and foremost I would like to say how proud I am of Ciara. The last 5-6 years of her career have been challenging in the fact that her old labels, LaFace/Jive began to not support her. As an artist it is important to have your machine behind you to get you the appearances, music videos, publicity, and outreach that you need for your music. It makes me upset when people criticize her so harshly and completely ignore her talent. 

Ciara has definitely prepared for a comeback releasing two hit singles "Body Party" (which recently went number 1) and "I'm Out" ft. Nicki Minaj. With L.A. Reid as her mentor, She has revamped her image , rocking a new blonde short bob and taking risks in fashion. She has really elevated her fashion to higher levels. She is taking more risks holistically, which is important for today's artist that work in a constantly evolving world. The songs, sounds, lyrics, approach, fashion, appearances, hair, moves she makes matter to the audience. Lets not forget that Ciara has been in the game for 10 years with 5 albums under her belt plus multiple hits; so she has the freedom to expand her brand. With her new label and team at Epic, Ciara is ready to claim her territory. 


I feel like she is one of the best performers of our time and deserves success. She is my girl!

I will definitely be doing an album review once the album is released! So stay tuned.

Hugs, kisses, and wishes! Muah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment