Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I'm A Grown Woman!





I CAN DO WHATEVA I WANT!!!

Beyonce, one of the worlds biggest stars today, has released a song called "Grown Woman" (full version leaked yesterday!) The song was played in her recent Pepsi commercial back in April. An upbeat, colorful, authentic, tribal, sassy, hair flinging, ol' mama shakin tune; Grown Woman is refreshing. I will admit that I didn't expect it to be her first single from her highly anticipated  5th solo album. 

It's an uplifting record and what I believe is a response to all of the critics who judged Beyonce for her "Bow Down/ I Been On" promo track. While its a response, it's also a message. A message of strength to all women world wide. That's what I love about Beyonce, she constantly pushes for women to shine. 


Beyonce is at a point in her career where she can LITERALLY do whatever she wants. But is this single the correct way to open up the 5th project? I think so, it's a risk! And I want Beyonce to risk more, do unexpected things. 

So go and check out "Grown Woman" and get into it! Throw your life up as that beat enters your body, making you feel like your at an exotic celebration! Yas! "I'm a Grown Woman, I Can do whatever I want!" 


Share your thoughts! 


No comments:

Post a Comment