Friday, November 29, 2013

I Do Take







Yes it is 6:26am. And I am laying down listening to Amel Larrieux's new album Ice Cream Everyday Amel's music, her voice, energy, purity just does something to me. This particular song on the album, I Do Take, just pulls me. It hits home for me. I think its because the song is about accepting someone in their totality, accepting their flaws and all until the end.




It makes me think of love, marriage comes into play but I'm speaking of commitment, but pure unconditional love is what it makes me think about. Last night a friend a I had a conversation about love. She feels like she will never be married because she has never seen a real, long lasting, healthy relationship n her family. Like her, I've never seen love in my family, never saw an example of two people unifying in existence and the turnout being something beautiful except my older sister's relationship (which gives me hope!).


We then had a conversation about transgender people falling in love with each other. She asked me, "Kaleef, will you ever be with a transgender man? What if you fell in love with a man and he was perfect, your everything, then he told you he was a transgender male?" I thought about it, and I told her that I would accept him since he obviously accepts me and my flaws. Love is so rare in this world. When you think about it, many of us are lucky to find partners that love us for simply being us. In my eyes, love is when you have access to someone's complete self. You see the real them, their spirit. You embrace them in their highest moments and lowest falls. And how many of us actually find that? The world has all these damn barriers of race, gender, sexuality, religion, all these complexities that guard us and at times holds us back.


Anyways, take a listen to this beautiful song below. It's everything! :)



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZBR2cFJoJg





No comments:

Post a Comment