Saturday, August 17, 2013

#KLTunes - Who I'm Bumping in August

Hello world. I have been gone!!!!! So sorry about that! Just been super busy! 
Let me share with you who has been on my ipod getting me through! Music is my everything and I literally cannot function in this crazy world without it. It's a great distraction that always uplifts. You can literally FEEL IT! I think that's what makes it so special. 

Anyways take a look! 




1. K. Michelle 


With her recent triumphant release titled Rebellious Soul, K.Michelle without a doubt is one of the trailblazers of R&B right now. Despite what people may think about her and her personality of the infamous Love & Hip Hop ATL she has managed to gain herself a record deal and pursue her dreams. I will admit at times I was torn in my liking of her because of some of the things I saw on the show and other antics, but I enjoy her music. She has been through a lot and does a magnificent job songwriting and singing about her experiences. WHat I love about her and her music is that IT EVOKES EMOTION IN YOU, Her voice is powerful and she is pure fire in the studio. I say this is a great album for the fall. SHe sings about relationships, self esteem, MEN NOT ACTING RIGHT (Do they ever?), her son, and everything young women go through. Favorite songs - Damn, I Don't Like Me, My Life, The Right One, When I Get a Man, VSOP, Ride Out....I REALLY ENJOY THe ENTIRE ALBUM. 

CHECK IT OUT! 





2. Azealia Banks 



For some reason, I've been very attracted to Fantasea. Her mix-tape was released last summer and was literally the soundtrack of my life. I cannot wait for her official album which should be here in the fall. 
Tracks on repeat: Luxury, Paradiso, Fantasea, Atlantis, Fierce, Aquababe, Esta Noche. 

Her new single "ATM Jam" ft. Pharell is also a BANGER.



3. Tamar Braxton 



I love me some Tamar Braxton. Both of her smash hit singles, "The One" & "Love and War" have done nothing but rudely torture as I wait for her September 3rd sophomore album Love and War. 





4. Kelly Rowland 



I am still bumping Talk a Good Game. I've done reviews for and spoke for Kelly back in July! :) 
Tracks: Talk a Good Game, Red Wine, Street Life, Gone, You've Changed. 



5. Jay - Z 



As I hustle in these streets....... Jay-Z definitely sets the tone. MCHG has been on repeat! 
Tracks I love: BBC, Versus, Oceans, Tom Ford, Heaven, Part 2 (On the Run), and JAY Z Blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment